Sunday, February 8, 2015

Getting Healthy! My Weekly Menu.

At some point over the past few months, I think most of us have had nasty coughs and runny noses.  But, boy has cold and flu season been rough on me! There may have been two weeks somewhere between mid-October and mid-January, when I actually felt healthy.  I caught one virus after another, and even ended up in the emergency room. 

While I think I'm a fairly healthy eater, I have let some processed foods slip into my diet.  To be honest, I haven't even felt like cooking.  And then there was Christmas, and a trip to London, where I loaded up on Cadbury's Dairy Milk bars.

I'm finally feeling better and have my energy back.  I've decided that it's time to cleanse my body, and significantly reduce the amount of processed foods, dairy, and sugar in my diet. Although it takes time and preparation, I like to plan my weekly meals.

I recently came across a blog, called Deliciously Ella, where she talks about how food healed her of a nearly 6-month illness.  I do believe that food is our medicine, and that putting the right things in our bodies makes a huge difference.  Ella's meals are plant-based, gluten-free, and dairy-free.  So, the majority of the meals I have planned for this week come from her blog.  She also has some great video tutorials of these recipes on YouTube.

I thought I'd share my weekly menu, in case you're in need some inspiration, too!


MONDAY
Note: I'm using quinoa pasta and I'm not topping the soup with cheese.

Photo Credit: Two Peas and Their Pod
TUESDAY

Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella

WEDNESDAY
and
Note: I don't have a vegetable spiralizer, so I'm just going to cut my zucchini into tiny strips.
I'm not using eggs or Panko in the burgers, and I'm not serving them on a bun.

Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella
Photo Credit: Williams Sonoma

 THURSDAY

Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella

FRIDAY

 

I know for a fact that I'm going to have cravings for something sweet.  So, I'm planning to make some Raw Brownies and Banana Bread from Deliciously Ella to have around the house.

Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella

Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella

Planning a week's worth of healthy meals can be overwhelming.  Hopefully this is helpful to you, or gives you a little inspiration.  I'm praying for the will power to stick with it, because I know it's best for my health.  Please let me know if you have other healthy meal ideas!

If you try something healthy and new this week and post a photo on twitter, facebook, or instagram, give it the hashtag #gettinghealthywithjess, so I can give it a like!


Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: