Monday, February 16, 2015

A Week of Meals to Keep Me Warm!

I hope you're having a great Presidents' Day!  I'm bundled up because we're having our first snow storm of the year in Virginia Beach.  I'm hoping that means a snow day tomorrow, but we'll see!

Last weekend, I shared my weekly menu.  I knew this was going to be a cold week, in the 20s and 30s, so I planned a few spicy dinners to keep me warm!  If you're interested in gluten-free or plant-based meal ideas, maybe some of these will work for you, too!

MONDAY
Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella
TUESDAY
Photo Credit: Deliciously Ella

WEDNESDAY
I went out with my husband and our friends to a Mexican restaurant for Valentine's Day.  I had the most delicious tacos, so I thought I'd recreate them at home. The ingredients I'm putting on my tacos are pico de gallo, guacamole, seasoned rice, sauteed onions and peppers, seasoned pinto beans, and Mexican slaw.  Mexican food is my favorite, so I can't wait for this one! 
Photo Credit: Virtually Homemade

THURSDAY
Szechuan Vegetables Served on Rice Noodles
This is something I make often.  I cook a bag of frozen stir-fry with some fresh bok choy, add some Szechuan sauce, and serve on rice noodles.  This is very spicy, and I love spicy food!  If you don't, you might want to try an Orange or Terriyaki sauce instead.

FRIDAY
This is another meal that I have regularly.  It's so good!  
I'll be using a gluten-free pasta, and will skip the cheese.
Photo Credit: Ready Set Eat

SATURDAY
Roasted Corn and Poblano Soup inspired by How Sweet It Is
I make something similar to this recipe. I use a vegan vegetable stock.  Instead of using half and half, I thicken the soup with pureed gold potatoes.  I also add in some potato cubes.  I only use one Poblano pepper, and I'd say the spicy level is mild. 
This is one of my favorite soups to have on a cold day!
Photo Credit: How Sweet It Is
I headed for the grocery store early this morning, to get what I needed for these meals before the snow started.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know what my kitchen counter looked like when I got home.

Instagram pic

Instagram pic
I would love for you to tag me if you make any of these meals, or if you make any other warm weather meals I might like to try.  I will definitely give them a thumbs up!

Enjoy the rest of your week, and stay warm! 





 

No comments: