Sunday, May 4, 2014

Vegan 2-Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice Cream

I promise...you really only need two ingredients to make this amazing vegan Strawberry Banana Ice Cream!  My friends couldn't believe it the first time I posted a picture of my Ice Cream made from just bananas. They had to try it for themselves!  Then we started brainstorming the endless possibilities of flavors!  I thought I'd share this one with you, because it's a quick and easy way to have a special treat without the dairy!

All you need is two *over ripe* frozen bananas and three or four frozen strawberries.  I just peel the bananas, wash and hull the strawberries, throw them in a plastic bag, and freeze them overnight.  The bananas need to be over ripe or your ice cream won't be as sweet and creamy. I know this from experience.

Then, you throw them all in a food processor (I used my Ninja.) and blend until it becomes a nice creamy consistency, without chunks.

Serve and enjoy! This serves 2-3 people. When you think about it, you could actually have this for breakfast.  It's just strawberries and bananas.  I'll bet your kids would award you "Parent of the Year" for serving them "ice cream" for breakfast. ;)






Are you brainstorming flavor ideas, too?  I'm thinking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Banana Bread flavors are next on my list.  I would love to hear your flavor ideas in the comments below!




Don't miss a post! You can have Little Miss Vegetarian blog updates sent directly to your email inbox.  Just type your email address in the box on the right sidebar of my blog page.

You can also follow me (and your other favorite bloggers) on Bloglovin.  I personally use Bloglovin to keep up with all my favorite blogs.  New posts show up in a feed, and I have my own personal reading list.  I love it!

No comments: