Friday, April 4, 2014

My Poor Aching Feet and My New Vegan Footwear

I'm going to spare you the long story about how I hurt my feet.  I really just want to show off my new vegan shoes.  But, here's a tip:

Don't wear these while walking around New York City!

For 6 months, I've had pain in the balls of my feet and in my toes.  It's excruciating to walk for long periods of time, and sometimes my feet feel like they're going numb.  I finally went to the doctor this week and I have Capsulitis.  Basically, inflammation in my joints and tight Achilles tendons.  I was given metatarsal pads to wear in my shoes (pictured below, number 1) and exercises to do at home.  

Before I scheduled my doctor's appointment, I remembered that I bought some amazing (and pretty) flip flops last year.  The soles are made out of yoga mats! I wondered if this company (Sanuk) had regular shoes with yoga mat soles.  I found these "Ohm My" slip-on shoes (pictured above, number 2) on Amazon, and they come in cute colors!  After consulting my facebook friends, I picked the silver color for spring.  All of the "Ohm My" shoes have metallic threads, which you can kind of see in the pictures.

I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe, so I ordered a 6 from Sanuk because they don't carry half sizes. They fit perfectly!  The only problem is that I have skinny ankles, so my heels were slipping out of them when I walked.  I picked up some no-show socks (pictured above, number 3) and heel cushions (pictured above, number 4), and that fixed the problem! No more slipping off!

My shoes came in this cool bag made from tapioca starch.  I love that Sanuk is an environmentally friendly company!




They even sent a sample of what the footbed is made of.   You can see that they are really cushioned!

I love my new shoes!  They're vegan and vegetarian.  I have been wearing them all week, and the pain in my feet is significantly less when I wear them.




If you're having problems with your feet, or even if you're not, check out the Sanuk yoga mat shoes!  You'll feel like you're walking on clouds!

Thank you for reading my blog!  If you don't want to miss a post, make sure to enter your email address in the box on the right side bar.  

Here are all the ways you can follow me!
Twitter: @littlemissveg
Instagram: @artloveandtea
Pinterest: @littlemissjess


No comments: