Trust me, you want to make this lasagna! I try to limit our meals with cheese to once a week (here's why), so this is a meal we don't have often, but one we look forward to. It's so delicious, and I like to add fresh tomatoes and Italian seasoning on top for extra flavor! It's quick and easy too!
This recipe serves 4, so just double the ingredients to serve more.
Spinach Pesto Lasagna
- 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles
- 5 oz. of basil pesto*
- 8 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 3 oz. fresh organic spinach
- 1 fresh tomato (optional for topping)
- Italian seasoning (optional for topping)
1. Lightly spray a 6" x 8" glass baking dish. This will make cleaning the dish so much easier!
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Break noodles into thirds. Boil according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
4. Mix all of the cheeses and pesto together in a bowl.
5. Start layering the lasagna in your glass dish. Layers: pasta sauce | noodles | cheese-pesto mixture | spinach | repeat twice. End your third layer with a little extra sauce on top, a sprinkle of Mozzarella and Parmesan, and I like to add fresh tomatoes (diced or sliced) and some Italian seasoning.
6. Set your glass dish on a baking sheet with sides to catch anything that might bubble over. Bake the lasagna in the oven on 375 degrees until the sauce gets nice and bubbly. Then, turn the heat up to broil, and bake until the cheese is golden brown. Keep a close eye on it, so it doesn't burn!!
* You can always make your own pesto.
You could also layer this in your crockpot and cook it for a couple of hours on high.
Here's the finished product!
I love this because the spinach is still a little crisp when you bite into it. It tastes so fresh!
I hope you enjoy!
You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin!