Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tea Tuesday: Ooh la la Oolong!

Oolong just might be one of my new favorite teas!  I stopped at a Safeway in San Francisco for a drink to take on our road trip.  I grabbed this Organics brand Oolong Tea with Peach Flavor.  I didn't really have any expectations other than it tasting like a sweet tea.  I was too excited about my trip.  But, I took a sip and the flavor was surprisingly good!

Which leads me to today's Tea Tuesday... I was looking through my Harney & Sons sample tea bags, and found a Pomegranate Oolong bag, so I decided to try it.  It's 90 degrees here today, so I let it cool and then refrigerated it, and just had some this evening.  And ooh la la...amazing!  I'm terrible at describing flavors, but the Oolong teas I've had are just so light and refreshing!  And of course, in this case, fruity.  The leaves are from China. They're rolled, and then they expand as they steep.  Even the color of the tea is a very light yellowish-green.  I would definitely buy this in loose leaf!

My famous Harney & Sons lavender teapot. ;) If you've been reading, you know what I'm talking about.

Speaking of loose leaf,  I've been wanting to share this with you.  Whenever I make a cup or pot of tea with my loose leaf teas using a tea ball, little pieces of leaves are always left in the pot.  I don't care to have leaves floating in my tea. I found these "make-your-own" tea bags at Whole Foods.  You put your loose tea leaves in them, and then there are no floaties in your pot!


I hope you enjoyed Tea Tuesday! What's in your tea cup today? Please leave a comment in the comments section below.

Jessica

No comments: