Thursday, June 27, 2013

I'm on a Coconut Kick!

Lately, I'm obsessed with coconut scented body products!  The scent just screams "summertime!"  I thought I'd share what I'm using, and if I'd buy these products again.



A. Trader Joe's Coconut body butter: I love this so much, I bought another one for when I run out!  It's only $4.99 and it has so many ingredients that are healthy for your skin!  It has a light "coconutty-"vanilla scent.  It's not greasy at all.  In fact, I put it on my face under my makeup.

B. By Nature Coconut & Ocean Minerals body wash: This product has no parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, PEGS, SLS, or SLES!  I picked it up at TJ Maxx.  I like it, but I don't love it.  I think it smells better in the bottle than it does in the shower.  I will not repurchase this.

C. Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Mega Moisture shampoo and conditioner:  This product has "no damaging sulfates or drying formaldehydes."  Yes, body products can contain formalehyde, especially nail polishes, so read your labels!  (Another surprise to me, is that some vaccines contain formaldehyde! So irritating!)  This shampoo and conditioner smells amazing.  I will not be repurchasing them for a couple of reasons.  They are very expensive ($10/bottle).  I bought a package deal this time, but I just don't spend $10/bottle on shampoo and conditioner.  It takes a lot of shampoo to get a lather, so I feel like I'm going through the bottle too quickly.  I found this out the hard way...the conditioner is great if you use a *tiny* bit.  But, if you use a normal amount, you are going to be stuck with greasy hair the rest of the day.  I do like these products though! They make your hair smell good and feel soft!

D. Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes:  I bought these with a gift card to take on vacation with me.  They have a pretty strong coconut scent, which I love!  You can smell them before you even open the package.  I like them a lot.  They were really handy on vacation, when I was flying for hours and stuck in airports, and just wanted to wipe my face.  I wouldn't buy them for everyday use.  They didn't take my mascara off very well.  But, they would be nice for summer days when you're at the beach or an amusement park and your face gets all sweaty.  They're refreshing!  They are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without sulfates, petroleum, parabens, SLS, OR phthalates.

E. Alba Botanica Nourishing Coconut Creme lip balm:  Alba is one of my favorite brands!  This lip balm is so creamy and smells delicious!  It also has a sweet taste.  I would definitely buy this again!

F. Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar roll-on perfume: Pacifica is a brand that I just discovered and wish I could have all of their products!  I don't actually wear tons of perfume, but this smells so fresh and summery.  It's not very strong, but when I catch the soft scent of it, it just makes me feel so happy.  I would definitely buy this again next summer!

G. The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine:  I don't think the Body Shop claims to be a "natural" company.  I don't see any horrible ingredients in this product, but in the future, I think I'm actually going to try to make this myself as one of my VEG Handmade Body Products.  This is another one of those products where you use just a tiny amount, or you will have greasy hair!  I love this product.  It's how I deal with the humidity.  I would buy this again.

H. VEG Handmade Body Products Coconut Jasmine Shea Soap:  This is a soap that I made myself.  It has the best combination of fruit and floral!  I have really dry skin, and I have noticed such a difference since using this shea soap. It has a great lather, too!  I will list more information below, in case you're interesting in purchasing a bar.

 
Coconut Jasmine Shea Soap


Are you using any of these products, too? Or, are there other coconut products out there that I need to try?? Let me know in the comments below!

Jessica

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Your Nanny used to say that lather has nothing to do with a shampoo's ability to clean your hair. She was a hairdresser so I guess she knew. However, we all love a good lather.