And, yes, those blueberry muffins are in strawberry print wrappers... They're all I had.
Soft and Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar (I actually used a little less and they were perfect.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (You can use any non-dairy milk.) **
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flours, sugars, salt and baking powder. Add in non-dairy milk, banana, and olive oil and stir until just moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
**This recipe is a variation of another recipe, and I wasn't happy with the consistency of the batter with just 1/3 c. of non-dairy milk. It was awfully thick. I would say I added another 1/4 c. or so to the batter. It was still nice and thick, but a little more fluid. I would suggest doing this.
They're good with lunch too!