Sunday, May 19, 2013

Product Review: Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Last week in my haul, I told you that I found these Cherrybrook Kitchen mixes for $1.37 each at Kroger.  They're normally $5.99 at Whole Foods.  It's been rainy today...a perfect day for chocolate chip cookies.  So, I thought I'd do a quick review of this product for you!


The box on the left lists the ingredients for the chocolate chip cookies.
I would probably never spend $5.99 on a box of cookie mix, when I actually am capable of making them from scratch.  But, for $1.37, I snatched them up! So quick, easy, and really have the same basic ingredients I would use myself!




I made these cookies today, and I'm giving them 5 stars, and here's why:

1. They really are as easy as adding water and "butter", mixing, and baking! No messing up your kitchen! Easy enough for kids to make.

2. They are perfect for families with food allergies.  Peanut, nut, dairy, and egg-free.

3. When I first looked at them after taking them out of the oven, I thought they looked a little lumpy, and figured maybe they were on sale so cheap because they were old.  But, I bit into one and was pleasantly surprised.  They are soft, chewy, and oh so GOOD! Maybe even better than my homemade ones. Gasp!

I'm giving them five stars based on taste and quality.  Are they worth the regular price of $5.99 a box? I think that depends on each individual family's needs/time/finances.




IMPORTANT: facebook "pages" changed awhile ago, so all of my posts may not show up in your news feed. If you want to be sure to get all of the Little Miss Vegetarian updates, go to the top right of my facebook page and you'll see the [liked] button. Hold your cursor over the word [liked]. You have the option to click on [add to interest list] where you can check weekly for updates. OR (best option!) you can click on [get notifications] and every time my page is updated, you'll get a little red notification at the top of your page. Thanks for following me!

No comments: