First of all, is there anything more annoying than getting to the grocery store and realizing you left your list at home? Well, that happened today, and it has happened several times!
While I was wandering aimlessly around the store without my list, I happened to stumble upon a couple of really good deals. I'll list those two things first!
1. Cherrybrook Kitchen Sugar Cookie Mix, Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, and Chocolate Cake Mix. I'm so excited about these, I don't know what to do! They're normally $5.99 each at Whole Foods (which I do not pay). I found them on sale at Kroger for $1.37 each. They're gluten, wheat, peanut, nut, dairy, and egg-free. I usually make homemade treats, but it's nice to have something I can make quickly without messing up my whole kitchen. I got some for me and some for a friend!
2. I am a tea lover...hot or iced! And now that it's getting warmer, I love flavored iced tea. I found these Good Earth teas on sale at Kroger for $1.25 each. They're normally $3.74 each. I can't wait to try them! Which flavor sounds the best to you? If there are any friends or family who want to try them, I'll happily share some tea bags!
3. Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt from Trader Joes. I'm planning on making a mango smoothie, and I like to keep things as vegan as possible. ($1.49)
4. I bought these organic plants for my porch. Basil, Mint, Jalapeno, and Serrano pepper. $2.99 each at Whole Foods. I like to make fresh bruschetta and pico de gallo in the summer, so these will be perfect!
5. I have really been liking the Alba Botanica brand lately! I saw their sunscreen on sale at Whole Foods for $6.99 (regularly $9.99), so I picked one up. Later I found them on clearance for $4.49 at Kroger. I've realized that I need to put sunscreen on my face everyday to prevent aging. I have very fair skin. That's why I got the facial one. But, there are several to choose from.
Well, that's my haul! I wish all of you could come over to try my bargain tea and cookies. :)
What exciting things did you pick up at the grocery store this week? If there's something I need to try, let me know!