Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting Ready for Summer! Container Gardening.

My husband and I have spent the weekend getting our porch cleaned up and ready for summer!  We live in a nice wooded area, but that means lots of pollen! Pollen and I don't get along!  Yesterday he got the shop-vac and vacuumed the outdoor carpet and took me shopping for new furniture cushions.  Ours were old, faded, covered in pollen, and smelly!

Today, we scrubbed the furniture and put the new cushions on, and did a little container gardening. So, I thought I'd share a few photos!

(Old cushions pictured in the background)
Last week in my grocery store haul, I showed you these plants that I bought at Whole Foods. Basil, Mint, Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers. Well, today they got new homes in the colorful pots below.


These pots were purchased at Wal-Mart for $1.97 each.  They also had teal, light gray, and dark gray in a variety of sizes.


I bought this Fuchsia plant at a local nursery.  The blooms are so pretty.  And for those of you who don't know, I love owl decor! Mostly for my classroom.  But, when I saw this little owl planter stake at Target, I couldn't resist!


I am crazy about the pattern/colors on our new furniture cushions.  They were purchased at Garden Ridge for 25% off.  They had SO MANY different colors and patterns to choose from!


And finally, here's our clean and *almost* pollen-free porch!  I can't wait to sit out there to read and drink tea.  Or, to have cookouts! Who's coming over???

What have YOU been doing to get ready for summer?  I would love to hear what you're planting or have planted in your gardens/flowerbeds.  

Thank you all for helping me reach 500 likes on my facebook page! You guys are the best!

*hugs*
Jessica 

IMPORTANT: facebook "pages" changed awhile ago, so all of my posts may not show up in your news feed. If you want to be sure to get all of the Little Miss Vegetarian updates, go to the top right of my facebook page and you'll see the [liked] button. Hold your cursor over the word [liked]. You have the option to click on [add to interest list] where you can check weekly for updates. OR (best option!) you can click on [get notifications] and every time my page is updated, you'll get a little red notification at the top of your page. Thanks for following me!




No comments: