Since then, I have found healthy ways of making it. But, I was especially excited when I found this version of it, using Quinoa. It is delicious! My husband and I scarfed it down!
I followed the recipe linked above, but here are some changes I made:
- I used "Imagine" brand Creamy Broccoli soup instead of condensed Cream of Broccoli. It's organic and comes in a carton.
- I used vegan mayo.
- I used almond milk instead of regular milk.
- I left out the sugar.
- I didn't cook the broccoli. I bought a box of frozen chopped broccoli and dumped it in with the hot cooked Quinoa. It cooks as the casserole is baking.
- I did not put Parmesan on top.
- Possibly use vegan cheese.
- Add a 1/4 cup of chopped onion and 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Add crushed crackers on top.
Check out some of the health benefits of Quinoa.