Sunday, July 1, 2012

Double Choco Chunk Cookies

I know, this is the second cookie recipe I've posted in the last week.  I love cookies!  If you're a chocolate lover, you will love these Double Choco Chunk Cookies!

A few months ago, I was given a cookbook called, "The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook."  It has become my favorite cookbook for baking.  It has 100 recipes and they're all vegan, meaning they don't contain animal products, such as milk, eggs, butter, etc.  I am asked often what it means to be vegetarian or vegan.  That's why I reiterate it in most of my posts.

So, here they are...Double Choco Chunk Cookies!  
They are so soft, rich, and chewy. It's almost like biting into brownies!


 Double Choco Chunk Cookies

 Makes 24 2-inch cookies
Recipe by Cybele Pascal


  • 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt.)
  • 1/3 c. canola oil
  • 1/3 c. rice milk
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2/3 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips (Make sure milkfat is not listed in the ingredients)

1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray two baking sheets.

2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix thoroughly, being sure to work out any lumps in the cocoa powder. (I ended up sifting all of my dry ingredients.)

3. Mix the canola oil and rice milk for 30 seconds with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Add the vanilla and sugar.  Mix for 20 seconds more.

4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

5. Scoop out the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, roll into balls, and place on the baking sheet.

6. Bake for 12 minutes.  Do not overcook, as chocolate easily burns.

7. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.


They're good for breakfast too! I think I just told on myself. :)

Jessica

1 comment:

Veggie polyglotographer said...

ooh la la, next cookies I'm baking!!!