Mmmm! Look at that melted chocolate!
- 2 c. quick cooking oats
- 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 c. organic sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips (w/o milkfat Check the ingredients!)
- 1/2 c. nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/4 c. + 1 T. agave nectar
- 1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. ground flax seed + 6 T. water
Combine flax and water. Set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. (except cocoa powder)
Stir in raisins and chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, sugar, nut butter, and cocoa powder, and mix until smooth. Combine nut butter mixture with flax/water mixture.
Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
Press into a greased 8x11 pan and bake for 15 minutes.
After they have cooled some, cut them into 12 bars and place them on a cooling rack.
I am going to continue making them and trying different combinations of ingredients. What's your favorite granola bar flavor?