Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kale Chips

Several people have asked me if I've tried kale chips.  I tried chocolate covered kale chips once in a natural market and thought they were pretty good.  But, I had never made them at home.  I decided to give it a try!

I bought a big, 10 oz. bag of kale, pre-cut at Trader Joe's.  I tossed the kale in a bowl with olive oil and salt.


I had enough kale to fill two cookie sheets.  I baked it at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes.
 

And here they are! Thin, crispy, and delicious kale chips! I have mine on a paper towel because I overdid it on the olive oil.  I think a couple tablespoons is plenty!


I'm not kidding about them being delicious.  They're almost addictive.  I was nearly finished with the first batch before the second cookie sheet ever came out of the oven!


I really hope you'll try this.  Kale is such a superfood! It helps prevent cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. This is a great alternative to potato chips!

Jessica

No comments: