After falling asleep this afternoon, I woke up just in time to help my husband finish making dinner. Ooops! That's what he gets for waking me up so early! ;) We had fried pizza! It's so crispy and good, it makes you feel like you're eating pizza from a restaurant.
1. Make your usual dough recipe. Roll into personal-size pizzas.
2. In a deep frying pan, heat canola oil on med-high heat. Dip a little piece of dough in the oil. If it sizzles, it's ready!
3. Place dough gently in the oil, being careful not to splash it. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
4. Place fried dough on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
5. Add your sauce and toppings. (We did a couple with marinara and a couple with basil pesto.)6. Bake in the oven on 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.
This is my husband's vegetarian pizza with cheese.
I put pesto and fresh tomatoes on mine for a vegan version.
This is so fun to make for friends and family because everyone can put their favorite toppings on their own pizza. I like knowing that my crust and toppings don't have added preservatives.
I would love to know what fun things YOU'RE doing...and eating this holiday weekend!