Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fried Pizza

I hope you're all having a great weekend!  My husband and I got up at 4:45 this morning to take pictures of the sunrise at the beach.  It was so pretty and quiet out there. It's tourist season, so it's nice to be out there before it's packed with people!



After falling asleep this afternoon, I woke up just in time to help my husband finish making dinner. Ooops! That's what he gets for waking me up so early! ;) We had fried pizza! It's so crispy and good, it makes you feel like you're eating pizza from a restaurant. 

Fried Pizza

1. Make your usual dough recipe. Roll into personal-size pizzas.
2. In a deep frying pan, heat canola oil on med-high heat. Dip a little piece of dough in the oil.  If it sizzles, it's ready!
3. Place dough gently in the oil, being careful not to splash it. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
4. Place fried dough on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
5. Add your sauce and toppings. (We did a couple with marinara and a couple with basil pesto.)
6. Bake in the oven on 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.




This is my husband's vegetarian pizza with cheese.


I put pesto and fresh tomatoes on mine for a vegan version.

This is so fun to make for friends and family because everyone can put their favorite toppings on their own pizza. I like knowing that my crust and toppings don't have added preservatives.

I would love to know what fun things YOU'RE doing...and eating this holiday weekend!

Jessica

No comments: