Friday, May 11, 2012

Cowboy Caviar (A Mexican Dish)

One day I was shopping at Costco and an employee handed me a free Costco cookbook as I came in the door.  I found the recipe for Cowboy Caviar in it, and it has become a favorite at my house! We have this regularly! It's perfect for parties and picnics, as well. It tastes so fresh!




*Tip: Mix your avocado pieces in on each individual plate.  If you mix it in the serving bowl, the leftovers will not look very appetizing  because avocado turns black.

Vegans: Serve with toasted whole wheat tortillas.

Vegetarians: Serve with cheese quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas.

Meat-Eaters: This is a perfect side dish for your cage-free, hormone free chicken quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas.

Here is a link to the entire In the Kitchen the Costco Way cookbook! The Cowboy Caviar recipe is on page 43.

Let me know how you like it!

Jessica

No comments: