Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chinese Take-Out Vegetarian and Vegan Options

From my own personal experience, the key to ordering Chinese take-out is: Know what you want! Know what size you want! Order quickly! Don't ask questions! If you don't end up liking something, you'll know not to get it next time.

I'm just being silly (kind of).  I crave Chinese food!  And there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options!  Chinese restaurants seem to have the best green beans!  I order them every time.  I like mine spicy! In fact, years ago, a friend and I walked into a Chinese restaurant, saw that they didn't have green beans on the buffet, and walked right out to find one that did! They're that good!




I have been wanting to try Hot and Sour Soup for a long time.  I had no idea what was in it.  I asked for it without eggs.  It came with several types of mushrooms, tofu, and bamboo shoots.  I am not a fan of mushrooms.  I ended up straining the soup and just eating the broth, and it was delicious!!!  I would definitely recommend it if you're sick with chills or have sinus congestion.  It will warm you right up (it's spicy) and clear your sinuses.




And of course, you must finish off your meal with a fortune cookie!

What are some of your favorite vegetarian/vegan options to order at a Chinese restaurant?

Jessica



No comments: