Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break Grand Finale

Most of spring break, I was stuck inside with pneumonia and had to rest.  I started feeling better this weekend, just when the weather started warming up. Perfect timing!

This morning I woke up and realized that it's the last day of spring break.  I sat out on my porch and drank a hot cup of tea, listened to a beautiful story/sermon by my pastor, did some yoga, and decided that I wanted to go to the beach!

Today was warm with a blue sky! My husband sat and happily read a book.  I was out in the freezing cold water searching for shells! I'm always in search of beauty, and was so excited to find a sand dollar!




Once I got home and got the sand washed out of my hair, we went out to eat for our 5th anniversary dinner.  We started with this light, airy, crispy fococcia bread, dipped in olive oil.  Ahhhhh!


My husband likes to study the menu and listen to the specials. I have been to this restaurant several times for special occasions and always get the same thing!



I knew exactly what I wanted, and yes, I asked for it hot! I love spicy food!  And this is, by far, the SPICIEST food I've ever had. I had tears going down my face, but I enjoyed every bit of it.  Here it is! Broccoli & Ziti with cherry peppers and crushed red peppers.


My husband decided on the Salmon with Fresh Dill.  He said it was buttery and delicious!


And here I am, the girl who plops her camera down on the dinner table and takes pictures of food.

I'm thankful for days like these. Did you capture a blue sky, find something beautiful, or eat something so delicious it made you cry (haha)? I would love to hear about it.

Jessica

No comments: