Saturday, April 21, 2012

Smoothies for Two

The weather changes from day-to-day around here.  It's nice and warm today, so after going to my nephew's baseball game, I decided to make smoothies.

I asked facebook readers to post their best-tasting healthy smoothie recipes for me to try.  Nearly everyone who commented listed the same ingredients: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, banana, and yogurt.  I had intended to use strawberry soy yogurt, but at the last minute decided to add creamy canned coconut milk instead.  I also used agave nectar for a natural sweetener.

Here is my recipe for Smoothies for Two!
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple tidbits
  • 1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup blue agave nectar
  • 1/2 a banana, sliced
Pulse all ingredients in blender.



Thanks Garnett, Amanda H., and Robin for suggesting these ingredients! What a delicious smoothie!

Jessica

1 comment:

Gina Wright said...

My husband and I tried your smoothie and it is absolutely delicious. We have died and gone to heaven!!!! We will certainly save this recipe. ♥