Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ginger Nutmeg Spice Cupcakes

Tonight our family celebrated my in-laws' wedding anniversary.  I knew exactly what I wanted to make for dessert. Chloe's Award-Winning Ginger Nutmeg Spice Cupcakes from my Chloe's Kitchen cookbook!  These vegan cupcakes made Chef Chloe Coscarelli the winner of Cupcake Wars.

The dry ingredients include ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.  My kitchen smelled so good while they were baking!


I mixed the batter and baked the cupcakes a day ahead and put them in the freezer.


The beautiful color comes from the pumpkin puree in the wet ingredients.  The cupcakes have vanilla buttercream frosting (no butter, though) and a date caramel drizzled over the top.  When I saw that the recipe called for medjool dates, I wondered where in the world I'd find them!  But, I found them in bulk at my local natural market.


I got up this morning and frosted them while they were still frozen.  The buttercream frosting is delicious!




Here they are below in my cupcake courier ready to take to dinner.  They were a big hit with my nieces and nephew!


I have some of the date caramel left over.  Since there's no sugar added...just dates, maple-agave mix, and cinnamon, I think I'll save it to drizzle over my waffles!

I hope you've had a great weekend!  And remember, you can now follow Little Miss Vegetarian on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/littlemissveg/

Thanks for reading!
Jessica

No comments: