Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 5 Kitchen Favorites!

Do you have a favorite kitchen utensil, gadget,
or something you just can't live without?
Here are my top 5 kitchen favorites!


White Plastic Spoons
For some reason, I despise wooden spoons.
I would much rather use these smooth plastic ones.
Just don't use them in spaghetti sauce. They will get stained!



Pampered Chef Prep Bowls with Lids
 These little prep bowls make cooking and baking so easy.  They also serve as measuring cups. So, you can get your ingredients measured and lined up to go when you're ready to start cooking!
I really like Pampered Chef products!




Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender 
with Chopper and Whisk Attachments
I love making soup!  This immersion blender is perfect for making creamy potato soup right in the pot.  The chopper attachment is great for making guacamole or pesto!


Microplane Classic Series Zester/Grater
My mother-in-law told me that I "had" to have one of these, and she was right!  I use it all the time to grate fresh Parmesan onto my spaghetti or to add some citrus zest to one of my baking recipes.



Glazed Stoneware Measuring Spoons
I really just like these because I think they're pretty and dainty. I bought them as a souvenir for myself in New York City. I like them so much, I bought a set for my mom and my mother-in-law too.  "One for me, one for you"...that's how my mom taught me to shop!


My Memom's Cookie Cutters
I couldn't stick to just 5, so here's one more!  I have a bag of old-fashioned cookie cutters that belonged to my grandmother.  I love using them at Christmas.  They bring back wonderful childhood memories of going to her house where she had tins and tins of her homemade cookies.



If there's something you use in the kitchen that you find very handy, or something that has special meaning to you (like my grandma's cookie cutters), please share in a comment below. You can also go to my Little Miss Vegetarian facebook page to post photos and comments.

Can't wait to hear from you!


1 comment:

Robin said...

My pampered chef mini spatula. Can't live without it. :-)